Things You Can Do to Look Healthier
Regardless of why you’ve signed up for the Metro Weight Loss program, chances are you want to be able to look in the mirror and see a slimmer you. Weight loss will help, but there are other things you can do to ensure that you “slim” your body.
- Stay hydrated at all times—A lot of bad things can happen when you become dehydrated. First, your body will sense it and retain water, causing you to look bloated (ever notice how, when you drink a glass or two of water, the rings on your fingers become looser?). In addition, when you don’t get enough liquids in your body, your body can confuse thirst for hunger, causing you to binge eat. A glass of water before a meal can also help you feel fuller and reduce the risk of overeating.
- Avoid sugary beverages—Sugar-based beverages are typically high in carbohydrates and calories, which can turn to fat if not burned off. In addition, sugary drinks typically lead to fluid retention.
- Don’t eat fatty meats—They may be more flavorful, but your body has to work much harder to burn fat than carbs or protein. Your body needs fatty acids, though—you can typically get what you need though foods that are high in Omegas. Different fish types will fill that need.
- Eat fruit, but stay away from fruit juices—Even if you have your own juicer, you’re better off eating whole fruit, as juicing can remove a lot of the fiber from fruit, lowering the health benefits. Most pre packaged fruit juices are high in sugars and can increase fluid retention.
- Stop snacking—Most commercially available “snacks” are heavily salted or have considerable amounts of sugar, which can cause you to retain fluids. Instead consider celery, cucumbers and dill pickles for that salty, crunchy need.
- Get the right amount of sleep—Studies show that people with poor sleeping habits tend to compensate with food. Make certain you have a dark, quiet place to sleep. Don’t eat within three hours of going to bed, but don’t go to bed on an empty stomach, either.
Contact Us Today to Talk with a Weight Loss Professional
Call us at +1 (816) 427-4910 to learn more about our program and get started on the path to your desired weight.
90% Success Rate!
Lose 10% of Your Body Weight in 6-8 Weeks!